We are excited to offer families convenient options to get their camper(s) to and from Crestwood each day. Please note that once a commitment has been made to the option of your choosing, no changes can be made after May 1st.
Family Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
We will once again be offering families the option to drive their campers to and from camp. Morning drop-off will take place between 8:30 and 9:00 am and afternoon pick-up will take place between 4:00 and 4:30 pm each day. Pick-up and drop-off is organized in a drive through, where parents/guardians remain in their cars and Crestwood staff members escort campers to and from their vehicles.
We are also excited to offer our door-to-door bussing service. Crestwood will be partnering with Stock Transportation who will provide a fleet of their small school busses. Each bus will be equipped with seat belts, a Crestwood bus counsellor, and a professional and experienced bus driver. Bus drivers and bus counsellors both undergo extensive training provided by Stock Transportation and Crestwood Valley Day Camp. We are in communication with each of our busses while they are on route. At Crestwood, we design our bus routes to ensure they are as safe and efficient as possible. Prior to each session, you can expect to receive confirmation of your child’s bus number and pick-up and drop-off times. The morning routes run between 8:00 and 8:45 am, while afternoon routes run between 4:15 and 5:00 pm. An authorized parent or guardian is required to be present to greet your camper at the end of each day.
Bus service is NOT included in our camp fees. Bus service will cost $175 per week per camper for door-to-door transportation.
Please take note:
- There is a minimum camper requirement to run a bus, if we cannot meet this requirement a route may be cancelled, or a rendezvous point can be arranged.
- Full commitment to our door-to-door bus service will be required for the duration of your camper’s session.
- For families outside our bussing boundaries, rendezvous points can be arranged, and additional routes can be added if enrolment and interest permits.
- Busses will not enter into difficult to reach areas, i.e.: some townhouse developments, dead-end streets or some locations that may compromise the safety of the children on the bus
- If a change of address occurs after May 1st, transportation to the new address cannot be guaranteed, although all efforts will be made. Please notify the camp office immediately with all changes by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This door-to-door service will be provided to campers living within the boundaries on the map below.